《暗黑破壞神®III》

看不懂, 需要英文般 - Need English Version

(已鎖定)

Hi!
我是在外國長大的台灣人, 中文不太好, 不會寫字不會認字, 你們說我怎麼玩D3嗎?
我買得時候不知道這遊戲是中文般, 也沒想到我不能改成英文般。。。 我現在打字是用拼音來打, 看著字典檢查, 可是我沒辦法 玩遊戲。。。

有很多人也在說一樣的東西, 在香港,人家不會中文的也不能玩, 可是他們那裡賣得也是中文般, 中國人看不動繁體字, 新加坡人也在發牢騷,我也根本看不動。

我真的需要英文般, 不能改語言是不是太過分? (我有試下載然後 login,可是遊戲說 "The client does not match the account's native language. Please use the game's original client. (Error_84)" 所以我該怎麼辦?(回答可以寫中文或英文 - 我可以用一個網站翻譯到拼音可是我玩遊戲時候沒辦法)

Hi!
I'm a foreigner who came back to Taiwan to live for awhile. I bought Diablo III without knowing it was only locked in the Traditional Chinese region of gameplay - and I cannot change the language! This is really frustrating because even though I do understand Chinese, I cannot read or write and playing the game in Chinese is also not an option. The Chinese text up there, I typed with my keyboard with pinyin and constantly checked the dictionary. I tried downloading the English client, but it gave an error 84: "The client does not match the account's native language. Please use the game's original client. (Error_84)"

This is really a huge issue since most of the Asian region is locked to Traditional Chinese - including people from mainland China, who cannot read Traditional Chinese and would prefer simplified Chinese, a lot of people from Singapore and Hong Kong who cannot read or write Chinese and communicate in English on a daily basis while they get on with their lives, and me, who have no idea how this could be resolved without Blizzard enabling me to change the language of my client. What should I do? (you can reply in English or Chinese, because I can translate with a website to pinyin with definitions, but of course that is not an option while I try playing the game)
Maybe you could login to the US battle.net,active your d3 game in the US battle.net and download the EN D3 ?
No that doesn't work, my game is already registered, and I tried using the European client too, to no avail. Apparently the game code was already locked in Traditional Chinese.

Edit: To elaborate, I must say that I registered my battle.net account from Turkey, since I had no idea what an NiD was in the Taiwan registration (what is that, really?). The problem is not the battle.net registration, but is the game not letting me play in the English client (I downloaded the EN-GB version) because the version I bought is in Traditional Chinese. Frankly, this is really ridiculous since it's the same game and I did buy a copy, right?

Edit 2: It would be great if I could get a blue reply on this, since nobody in the US forum bothers to reply.
於 2012-5-16 9:42 上午 CST 由 sunberry#2789 編輯
85 哥布林 死亡騎士
I can understand the pain...
I pre-ordered mine thinking that it's for all servers. Even tho I did not take the time to read through all the Q&A page entries. But I'd assume they would've warned me of the language issue, or at least tag the game with a <trad chinese> label or something. Now I am putting tickets to b.net hoping to get it fixed.
85 人類 牧師
1.open the game(game not launcher)
2.find "option"(設置)
3.find language(語言) option and select "eng"(英語)
4.submit (確定)
5.restart launcher
6.download language packs(2.7g)
7.ok!asia server with eng language
於 2012-5-16 10:20 上午 CST 由 天鼓雷音#3123 編輯
In this case you should apply for a refund and buy the multilingual version instead (for 1950 TWD). Then you will be able to download and play using an English client.

WARNING: It may take more than a month for !@# to process your refund application :-(
The 1499 version of D3 clearly states that it is traditional Chinese only. You can only blame yourself for not reading more carefully. You won't be able to get a Blizzard rep to upgrade your D3 version, because you are essentially asking them to give you money.

So what can you do? If you can get your hands on a collector's edition and put it on the same account, Blizzard will refund you a traditional Chinese key. Otherwise, you only other legit option is to sell or give your copy to a friend and buy the 1950 all language version.
I made the same mistake too man -.-
I think the only option you have right now is purchase the International version, which includes English for 1950 taiwanese currency I believe?
i'm thinking about it. Not sure if they are doing refunds because of the language problem
You CAN however play on the North American servers using the traditional chinese client. Just change the server to NA servers in the settings menu in-game, before logging in. You can play and interact with NA players but the drawback is that your interface will be in chinese.

Hope this works for you.

payce
於 2012-5-16 10:41 上午 CST 由 Sateric#3960 編輯
i bought international version of the game, added into my european BN account, downloaded an enUS client.

and im playing in asian server.
Where to download language packs(2.7g)?
2012-05-16 09:13 AMsunberry發文
Frankly, this is really ridiculous since it's the same game and I did buy a copy, right?

The best way is : Buy a collector's edition, use that serial key to replace your old one, then contact the Customer Service to get your old key back. At the end, You can send or sell your old key.
於 2012-5-16 11:39 上午 CST 由 苦心一三五#3747 編輯
1.open the game(game not launcher)
2.find "option"(設置)
3.find language(語言) option and select "eng"(英語)
4.submit (確定)
5.restart launcher
6.download language packs(2.7g)
7.ok!asia server with eng language

I tried that already, it gives the error 84 which I mentioned above, the problem is the game won't let me play even if I change the language on the same server.
You CAN however play on the North American servers using the traditional chinese client. Just change the server to NA servers in the settings menu in-game, before logging in. You can play and interact with NA players but the drawback is that your interface will be in chinese.

Hope this works for you.

payce

I can't read Chinese..
i bought international version of the game, added into my european BN account, downloaded an enUS client.

and im playing in asian server.

can you elaborate? I did the same thing but the game doesn't let me play... Have you bought the collector's edition? Because as far as I know, the collector's edition doesn't have the language problem
2012-05-16 11:37 AMIsamu發文
Frankly, this is really ridiculous since it's the same game and I did buy a copy, right?

The best way is : Buy a collector's edition, use that serial key to replace your old one, then contact the Customer Service to get your old key back. At the end, You can send or sell your old key.

Problem is, I have no way of buying a Collector's edition right now since every single one of them in Taiwan has been sold out in the pre-sales during the first day when the sale was launched online - in 90 seconds...
The 1499 version of D3 clearly states that it is traditional Chinese only. You can only blame yourself for not reading more carefully. You won't be able to get a Blizzard rep to upgrade your D3 version, because you are essentially asking them to give you money.

So what can you do? If you can get your hands on a collector's edition and put it on the same account, Blizzard will refund you a traditional Chinese key. Otherwise, you only other legit option is to sell or give your copy to a friend and buy the 1950 all language version.

I could have read more carefully - if I knew how to read... >< I wish I could though. Right now I doubt that I could buy a collector's edition since they're all sold out as I mentioned above.

Edit: I actually am mad at myself because I saw the text 中文 on the box and thought oh, okay, the default client is in Chinese, but nobody ever mentioned that the client was, you know, locked in the Chinese version and that I cannot change the language later...
於 2012-5-16 1:00 下午 CST 由 sunberry#2789 編輯
The clinet does not have any limits except the korean one (RMAH removed). It's the serial key you redeemed into your account. So in your and my situation, we can only use Traditional Chinese when playing this game, even the software is English ready...
2012-05-16 01:18 PMIsamu發文
The clinet does not have any limits except the korean one (RMAH removed). It's the serial key you redeemed into your account. So in your and my situation, we can only use Traditional Chinese when playing this game, even the software is English ready...

I know, but why is there a limitation like this in the first place? I should be able to play in English, since I paid for a copy that is registered as Global in my battle.net account IMHO.
這個主題已被鎖定。

請回報任何違反論壇規定的行爲,包括:

暴力威脅 我們對於此行為十分嚴肅看待並將通知相關人士。

包含公布其他玩家個人資料的文章。此包含實際個人地址、電子郵件地址、聯繫電話和不恰當照片和/或影片。

騷擾或具有歧視性的言語。此行為將不被容許。

論壇規範

回報 所發表的 # 文章

原因
詳細說明 (最大 256 字元)
提交 取消

已回報!

結束